Saturday, March 29, 2008

This is a surprise...

I'm not lonely. I'm home alone, just me and the dogs and most of the time when that happens I am very lonely. It's just that I feel so close to my Lord right now. I feel his presence in my life so strongly right now that I'm not bothered by the fact that no one else is with me. I even chose to take something out of the freezer for lunch (yum, homemade taco soup...lol...my favorite food lately), rather than finding someone to go out to lunch with me.

I even had no trouble getting to sleep last night. There was no fear...and this scripture says it all:

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, Oh Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

For so many years, fear completely ruled my life. And so I praise him continually, the one who relieved me of my fears and taught me that He alone is to be feared.

I love the Christian song "I'm not who I was" by Brandon Heath that says:

I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was...
I am truly not who I was before 2003 (the year I finally gave up control of my life to the Lord...lol...like I ever had it in the first place!). There is no way I can prove it to you, although my actions may serve as evidence. All I can really do is witness to what my life is now compared to what it was before.

No comments: