Sunday, April 6, 2008

Psalm 139 Reflections

Thought I would post about my prayer and reflection time at women's bible study last Monday night, been meaning to do this all week and reading someone else's blog just inspired me for some reason.

Once a month at bible study, we have a short devotional and then take 30 minutes to just read our bibles and reflect on what the Lord wants to teach us. These are the notes I took this week.

Psalm 139 (My favorite psalm! And the first psalm I opened to that night...possibly because I open to that one so often...lol)

Psalm 139:4 makes me smile today. "Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD." I began to pray the other day that the Lord wouuld show me that day a way that I am making a difference with the kids I work with at school. Before I could even finish the prayer in my head, the Lord showed me one little girl's smiling face and I felt the Lord say, that little girl knows you love her. How blessed am I to be the one who makes her smile! Mind you, this is a 12 year old who is in foster care and could sure use all the love she can get.

Psalm 139:13-16 reminds me to stop telling myself I'm stupid. 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. I have a very bad habit of talking myself down. I feel that God is telling me to remember that I am a beautiful, intelligent, unique creation of His! That makes me feel so loved.

Forgive me Lord for being prideful in thinking that I am different than what you tell me that I am. You say that I am your child, that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Who am I to question you, to argue with you.

Psalm 139:23-24 ....23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

I praise you Father! May your praise be ever on my lips!!

Ok, I feel better now. :)

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Suzanne, thanks for stopping by my blog again and for your words of encouragement. If you have a chance you can read today's post, it will give you more to pray for (like we don't have enough already, ha) And I'd love to know how I can be praying for you.
Sheryl

Sheryl said...

Okay, Suzanne, I am back. Where are you? Hope everything is okay and you're just having a busy week. I'll check in again.

Sheryl