Monday, April 14, 2008

Anger

Sometimes I just get angry about the things that have happened in my life and that is so hard for me to deal with. My mother taught me that anger was a sin. I know now that that is simply not true. Jesus got angry and he NEVER sinned, so anger can't be a sin. The bible says:

Ephesians 4:26-27 (New International Version)
26"In your anger do not sin" Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold.

Or

Ephesians 4:26-27 (King James Version)
26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27Neither give place to the devil.


So it's not a sin to just be angry, as long as you don't let your anger cause you to sin, giving the devil a foothold in your life. Still I struggle in myself when I am angry. It's like I can't get rid of that part of me that believed it was wrong to even be angry at all.

Right now I'm angry that my friend and counselor is getting sicker. I'm angry that I can't get my mother out of my head. I'm angry that I've had to deal with all the things that other people chose to do to me. I'm angry that I'm terribly overweight and can't seem to fix that. I'm angry that I feel guilty for feeling angry.

So hopefully this feeling will pass soon and I'll be my super cheerful self once again...

No comments: