Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Life is Sure Not Boring!

Oh my goodness, it has been such a crazy last week. I made it through the last week of having to help out with a co-worker's job (she had been out on maternity leave...woohoo, she's back!). I made it through another week of TAKS prep (getting ready for state testing) with the kids at school...that makes it so stressful at work. My mom called and we talked for the first time in 4 months (of course we never talked about the fact that I felt like she had basically disowned me till now...can you say denial?!?). Plus my 16 yr. old's birthday went well enough that she was pleased with it, and I wasn't sure that was possible...lol

Other than all that, there are just too many things to even mention. I will mention however, that a neighbor of mine, an18 yr. old girl with her 2 yr. old child on her hip, showed up bleeding Sunday morning after her husband pushed her through their bedroom window. She came over to use the phone and as we were standing around talking about it in the driveway and I was dialing 911, her drunk husband came running out the front door, got in his car and sped away. Thank God he wasn't coming after her, the 2 yr. old wasn't injured, as far as I know he didn't kill anyone driving drunk, and the 18 yr. old wasn't seriously injured. Whew! Please pray for them.

What a week!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

No, your life certainly is not boring!! I'm grateful your neighbor was able to escape that situation. Will pray for her protection.

I am still bed-ridden (3 weeks). I guess God has a plan that is not my own...isn't that just like him.

Thanks for checking on me and I'm waiting for you to start telling more of "your story"......

Sheryl

His Girl said...

wow. what a dramatic turn of events! I can't even imagine what happened next... how is your neighbor now? praying.qmmezgfm

Sheryl said...

Thanks for praying for my family, Suzanne. Still waiting for next post! Am I being pushy enough???

Sheryl

Sheryl said...

Suzanne-thanks for posting. I couldn't find your email so I'm writing this way instead. If you get this, Don is coming to tell the kids at 4 (EST) today. Please pray for us all. Thanks!!

P.S. My email address is in my profile, send me your email.

Sheryl said...

Your email isn't working. I keep getting a failure notice.