Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This Week

~~It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!~~ It's that time of the year when teachers and children alike want to be at school the most! TAKS time! Woohoo! Love it!



And now for the truth...



UGHHHHH...I don't think there is a time that teachers or students in Texas dread more than TAKS time of the year. Ahhh, state mandated testing... Teachers are stressed, hoping and praying they taught the kids well enough for them to pass and kids hope they can remember well enough what they have been taught. Personally, I am really glad I don't have to be in a classroom when testing is happening as I've heard it can be very stressful.


I get to be a restroom monitor, which means I sit next to the restroom and make sure only one child goes in at a time to make sure they don't discuss the test. I'm on the potty patrol. And that's where I'll be for the rest of today, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, all.day.long.


It's going to be a long, long week. But hey, at least there will be time for blogging!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Well, the good news is I really like your bloggy background. :) Very springy and nice.

We just endured WASL around here, and SAT-10 before that. I feel sorry for my daughter--they've just voted out the WASL, so no one will ever have to take it again. But of course all the kids took it this year. Can you say, "waste of time and resources?"

Becky said...

Potty patrol, lol.

That does sound like it'd make for a long day, but you're right...the bright side is more time for blogging!

Yeah, Jeff's and Jericho's schools just finished their State testing. Jeff loved it (being the teacher), but Jericho was exhausted. Total brain drain. So glad it's over.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Looking for a silver lining here...

I know!

At least you don't have to CLEAN those potties!

Hang on, baby. Friday's comin'!

Suzanne said...

Jenn, I shudder at the thought! I don't even like being IN the kids' restroom! lol