Thursday, July 11, 2013

Live, Learn, and Share

Wow, I can't believe it's been two years since my last post.  Quite a lot has happened in two years.  I'm divorced again.  Second time.  I never thought I'd type or speak those words.  One thing I've certainly learned in life though, is to never say never.  I won't go into detail right now about why I'm divorced again.  It's just a part of my life.  What I will say is that being divorced twice has held me back from something I know I'm called to do.

It's been ten years since I first trusted God enough to accept His will without (yeah right...ok...well, with less) questioning.  God has taught me an awful lot in those last ten years, but as humans will often do, I keep making mistakes even when I know what He wants from me.  I keep struggling to fight this battle on my own, when I know in my heart that God has already won the war!  When He said "It is finished", he meant it.    He had fought the fight for us, and He had won.  So I just need to learn to trust him more, and get on with the living He wants me to do.

I've been feeling called to teach, probably for my entire life, but recently I've started back to college in an effort to get a teaching degree.  I've been struggling with exactly what it is I'm supposed to teach.  This morning it hit me, seemingly from out of nowhere (though it's been in the back of my mind for a long time).  I need to be teaching by sharing my testimony, and by sharing the Word of God.  It's funny to me that the teacher is the one who seems to need the most teaching, but I believe that God knows what He's doing and for some reason He's chosen me.

God has chosen you too, if you have accepted His Son Jesus Christ into your heart!  All who know and trust Him ought to be sharing Him with others.  Here's a hint about life too; if you haven't figured out what your purpose is, the following verses will tell you!  In the Book of Matthew, when Christ is questioned about which is the greatest commandment, His answer is this:

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

And if we truly love God, and we love our neighbors, we ought to all be teaching about Him and sharing what He's done in our lives, right?  Obviously, we need to be careful about what we teach, and that caution is taken by continuing to truly seek God every day, praying without ceasing, and asking The Holy Spirit within us to give us the right words to say.

What has God done for you?  What is God doing right now for you?  Get out there and share!

Suzanne  :) 






No comments: