Monday, November 10, 2008

4 More Days!!!

Only 4 more days till I leave for my girls' weekend! This will be year 18 for me. Every year my best friend Pam (and sometimes another friend) and I travel to Oklahoma for our yearly shopping trip. So I've asked for Friday off from work, as have Pam and another friend, Maria. And while everyone else is slaving away at work, we will be driving and talking and talking some more.



First we travel to tiny little Seminole, Oklahoma to see Pam's mom, dad and siblings. Pam is one of 18 children (yes, you read right, 18!). She has 10 sisters and 7 brothers. And I just can't even express how much I love all of them. They have "adopted" me into their family (what's one more, huh?) and have been such a blessing in my life. Pam's dad is so special to me that I even named my son after him (T's middle name). And her mom is one of the kindest and most gentle women I have ever known in my life. I have never met people quite like her family.



Friday night we have plans to hang out and play games with some of my favorite siblings. I'm sure we'll stay up way too late, but we always have SO much fun. I can hear Pam's brother Danny (who truly is more an uncle to my kids than my own brother) laughing even as I think about it. Her brother Eddie is supposed to make us his famous homemade pizza (yum!). Lisa will also be there and she always brings life to the party as well. Lisa might even bring along her kiddos who I dearly love.



Some of the girls (Pam's sisters and maybe a niece or two) are planning to stay in Tulsa at a hotel on Friday night while we are in Seminole. Saturday morning Pam, Maria, Lisa and I will load up and drive to Tulsa (about a 2 hour drive) for the shopping!!! Well of course the shopping isn't the part that is most fun. Seeing the rest of the girls is! I haven't heard who all is going to be there yet, but there are about 4 who never miss the trip. I can't wait to get my hugs from Annie, Mary, Patti and Kathleen!



Once in Tulsa, we will shop till we drop and we will no doubt shock some waitress at lunch with the size of our group. Most fun of all, once the shopping is done, we are planning to stay at the hotel with the other girls Saturday night for a slumber part of sorts. We have always wanted to do this, but it's never really worked out before and we've always driven the two hours back to Seminole after shopping. Even as tired as we always are, the drive has always been fun because of the wonderful conversation, but I'm really excited about the slumber party instead.

Can you tell I'm excited?!?

6 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a wonderfully blessed time.

Joan said...

That sounds like a great trip!

Blessings

Susan said...

Girls' weekends are just magical. I hope you have a giggle-a-thon!

Gretchen said...

Jealous, and repenting right now! :) I'm thrilled for you, Suzanne. The family you're visiting sounds like so much fun, and I love the fact that you get to see these girlfriends each year. We need our girlfriends.

Blessings on your trip. I want pictures!!!! :)

Please.

His Girl said...

sounds fantabulous. hope you have a blas!

Susan said...

So, how was your time?