Monday, March 23, 2009

Exciting News!

After over a month of keeping my mouth shut (who knew I could do that?) about the fact that I knew my oldest daughter's boyfriend E was going to propose to her, it has finally happened. E had invited my husband and me to dinner to ask us our blessing back in February. Then Saturday night, at a small concert with quite a few of their friends, E totally shocked M when he had a song dedicated to her. He had planned ahead of time with the singer for him to change the name in a song called "Marry Me, Mary" to say M's name instead. How sweet is that??? I've told this story probably 20 times today and every time I get tears in my eyes. I'm thrilled at the prospect of having E be part of our family and also thrilled that my daughter is so happy.

Also this weekend, K had her senior pictures taken. We used a photographer who had been recommended by my best friend. She did such a great job, especially considering this is the child who simply doesn't understand why anyone would smile without a good reason. The photographer only has a small amount of the pictures online for viewing, but I've already seen one with K's real smile. I am so glad we chose this photographer!

Today was the first day back to work after Spring Break and I'm still not feeling great, but I'm getting there. By lunch time, I was really ready for a nap. So I figure I will crash the moment I get home, hopefully to get a nap in before dinner time.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

What wonderful news!!!! You're gaining a son, too. :) Still hoping you feel better soon.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

A wedding!! That IS exciting news! And good for you for keeping the secret. I'm sure that was hard with such happy news!

Hope you're feeling better minute by minute!

Susan said...

Congratulations! You'll soon have a son!!

Becky said...

Awww, what a sweet proposal...and you just have to love a guy that asks blessing/permission of the parents.

Congratulations to your daughter and future son-in-law!

I don't think I could have kept a secret for that long, lol, so good for you!