Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sure not what I had planned...

I usually consider myself to be a fairly healthy person. Yes, I'm overweight, I have high blood pressure (did even when I was in MUCH better shape though), I have thyroid disease, and I have a really weird heart problem. Still, I have always thought of my self as healthy. I'm definitely a "glass half full" kinda girl, I guess.

Lately, even though I have an optimistic nature, I've begun to wonder...am I really a healthy person? I have been almost constantly sick since the beginning of the year. I had a stomach virus that lasted a week to start off the year. A couple of weeks later, I had the flu and that took me weeks before I really felt fully recovered. Then I had maybe two weeks where I felt good again. Then I started coughing Friday before last, but it seemed like I got over the worst of that pretty quickly. I never completely stopped coughing though, and now I'm coughing worse..like the hacking up a lung, rattling chest type of coughing. Ughhh...

I hate going to the doctor. And it's the weekend. And I don't know where there is a clinic open close to me. And my family is off camping all weekend. Still, I think I'm going to have to find a doctor somewhere.

This is so totally not how I wanted to start my spring break...

Updating to say that I did go to a clinic. They did blood work and said that I have a bacterial infection (respiratory), so I'm on antibiotics and cough medicine now. Glad I went, so that maybe I can get better soon and actually enjoy spring break. :)

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Suzanne. I know you don't want to be sick over spring break, but I am glad that you have some time off to recuperate. Sending hugs to you!

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Being sick is no fun, ESPECIALLY on Spring Break! Glad you went to the clinic and got on some antibiotics. Hopefully they'll work quickly, and you'll be as good as new! Hope you're able to enjoy Spring Break at least a little!!!

Laura said...

Take care of yourself. Praying for you, get well soon.

My Army Brats and Me said...

Praying for you to get well very soon.