Friday, March 20, 2009

Still trying to get better...

It's not like I haven't been trying to take care of myself. I've spent the majority of every day since Saturday either in the recliner or the bed. I've taken all my medicine like a good girl. I've been drinking plenty of fluids. I don't think I've ever slept so much during a week in my entire life. And I've done all of that while looking at all the mounds of laundry/dishes/dusting/etc. that I hoped to catch up on during my Spring "Break"....

After 3 1/2 days on antibiotics, I was getting worse. Fever, chills, more coughing, and my left lung hurt. So I hauled my sick self back to the doctor (this time to one of the doctors in the same group as my regular doc). He listened to my chest and said it didn't sound so good, so I went for x-rays. And the verdict is...... pneumonia. More yuck.

So I started on a stronger antibiotic, and a stronger cough medicine as of Wednesday afternoon. I think it's helping. I haven't had as much fever and I actually slept through time to take cough/pain meds this morning.

Maybe I will be just well enough to go to work Monday morning??? I'm going back to sleep...

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh me...sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I will be lifting you up in prayer...

You can't be sick...it's spring...stil cold, but it's finally spring! YAY!

Becky said...

That is a real bummer to be so sick. This seems to have been a real bad winter for sickness for a lot of folks...one thing after another after another. Oy. But summer is on the way!

Prayers for a quick recovery!

Susan said...

Praying for you, girly goo!

Gretchen said...

Suzanne, I know how discouraged you must feel. I'll pray for your spirits to be lifted today...and for your return to health really, really soon. Hang in there, babe.