Friday, December 19, 2008

Sixteen Days!!!

Christmas break has begun (I wish the school system still called it that...). I will have 16 days off work. Yes, I still love my job, but there are so many reasons I'm glad to have a few days for things I want/need to do.



1. Christmas shopping! It's a good thing that there are 5 days till Christmas because I have almost nothing done in the gift department. I'm not stressing though..whatever gets done, gets done.



2. Sleeping. I can't wait to have a few days of sleeping late. Actually, I will probably sleep late most of those days, but not today. That's ok, because I got to do item #3.



3. Learn to make tamales!! Love me some tamales! I love to cook and I have always wanted to know how to make them. I was invited to go learn how to make them with my oldest daughter's boyfriend's family. It was my first time to meet E's family and they seem like wonderful people. Plus, they've invited me to come back to help make tamales next year too!



4. Put up the Christmas tree. We finally bought one Thursday night (first chance we had to go look!) and put it up on Friday. We had hot chocolate, crackers, cheese, and summer sausage while we listened to Christmas music (our tradition). Sadly, my teenagers are too old now to think that's cool...so I guess I will have to put on the ornaments myself.



5. Get some serious cleaning done (beginning of the holiday), since my dad and step-mom will be stopping at our house on the way to see some other relatives in a different part of the state.



6. Get some more cleaning done (toward the end of the holiday..house will need it again by then), since we're having bunco at our house on January 8th. Hopefully, I can get something done about the flooring in the livingroom before that. We'll have to see if we have the time or money for that.



7. Bake cookies, maybe cut out sugar cookies with icing. Yummm.


8. Wear jeans. Every.single.day. Yes, even to church (totally fine at our church).


What are you doing?

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Oh...we're expecting a big storm tonight, so all of us on worship team agreed that it was jeans for us, too. :)

Your break sounds delightful, my friend. I wish I were part of a BUNCO group here. Maybe I'll try to start one up. Enjoy the visits with your fam and friends.

Re: your teenagers...alas, my husband and I are getting less intelligent and more embarrassing by the moment.

Becky said...

Looove your list of to-do's...and hope you get around to doing all of them.

Wishing you and yours a thoughtful and reflective celebration of Jesus birth!

LA Nickers said...

Merry Christmas!

I invite you to join us on our year-long journey, as we read the Bible in 2009.

Blessings,
Linda

HEART OF A READY WRITER – Bible reading and devotional

Susan said...

Hi girlie,

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

Susan

Susan said...

Hi friend,

I'm missing you. I hope everything is well in your corner of the world.

Love, Susan