Friday, June 24, 2011

Day Five, Feelin' More Alive! So Long, Self!

Romans 6:11

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Well, I just finished my exercise for the day. I didn't have quite as much energy as yesterday, but the point is that I did it!

I realized something this morning. I'm feeling better about myself to the point that I'm not hearing that voice in my head that tells me I'm stupid. Yay! I'm praising God and beginning to listen to him again. I'm beginning to feel that peace within again.

I found out a couple of days ago that the job I thought I'd have beginning in August may not come through. So, I'm back to looking for a job. That could've been a big hit for me emotionally. I had it in my mind that I'd have income again soon. Now, that's unsure. Instead of that being a huge letdown, because I'm focusing on God, I actually feel like I have a job to do anyway.

My job is to let God shine through me. My job is to inspire others with the inspiration He gives me. Right now I may not seem like a huge inspiration to some. I'm 46 years old, in my second marriage, morbidly obese, and unemployed. But, God sees something in me. I can feel that! I've felt it for a long time. I just haven't always embraced what He has for me.

Letting go of self and allowing God to work in me is what it's about! Thank you Father for helping me to see that. Please Lord, continue to be strong in me so that I can be a motivator for others and help others to know You better.

So long, Self!



2 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

You go, girl! SO proud of you! What an inspiration to anyone and everyone you encounter. Isn't our great God amazing? He blesses us with so much more than we could ask or imagine, and then He does it all over again. I'm looking forward to reading more of your journey and watching the progress. I might just get in the game with you!

Suzanne said...

God never ceases to amaze me, as long as I'm paying attention!

Do get in the game! :)