Monday, June 20, 2011

Day One of Taking Better Care of Me

Psalm 139:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.

Over and over again, I go back to Psalm 139. It's so very special to me, because it reminds me that God knows better, who I am, than I do. He thinks I'm wonderful! So, why do I continue not to believe Him?

Why do I continue to beat myself up? Why do I tell myself I'm stupid? I'm really not sure, but even typing those words makes me feel bad about myself. I believe me, rather than believe God, when it comes to who I am. Well, just for today, I am CHOOSING to believe God, so that maybe tomorrow I can believe it for myself.

God reminds me of how intricate the workings of my body are. God reminds me of the capability to show love for others. God reminds me of the things I am good at doing. God reminds me that I am His child. God reminds me that I am wonderful.

So, I pray that God will help me to take better care of myself. Spiritually. Physically. Emotionally.

Just for today, I am choosing to exercise and hopefully that will inspire me to do it again tomorrow. I did 1 mile of Leslie Sansone's Walk DVD that I've had for years, because I know it's something I can do, even as out of shape as I am right now. Yay me! :)

Just for today,I will eat better and hopefully that will inspire me to do it again tomorrow. I plan to consume no more than 2000 calories, because that should be the amount that is needed to help me lose weight at my current weight with my height. I am 4'11" and weigh 246 lbs., morning weight, with no shoes on. I choose not to beat myself up for getting to that weight, but to do better now. Yay me! :)

One day at a time, sweet Jesus.

Suzanne


2 comments:

Dana said...

Hello my friend.. and wonderful words. I just ran across your blog. Here's another one for you: "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I am praying for you, and so thankful that things have turned out so well for you. God knew what He was talking about when he was talking about hope and a future, huh? :-)
Love,
Dana

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the encouragement Dana! :)