Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dreaming

Isaiah 61:3

New International Version (NIV)

And provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of joy instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.


Today is day seven of taking better care of me. I've been focusing on God, and praying more. I have a song in my head, instead of that awful voice I had before. I exercised six out of seven days, and have been eating less too. It's been a struggle at times, even fighting off bad feelings during church yesterday evening, but overall, a great week.

This morning I had a pleasant dream. That's unusual for me. I dreamed that I had a horse in my back yard, and I also had a garden. Right next to where the horse was, there were tomatoes growing, and there were several big, ripe tomatoes growing on a tomato plant that was partially submerged at the bottom of the plant in the mud.

So, I did a bit of my own dream analyzing. I've never had much contact with horses, but when I have, I feel a special connection for some reason. Horses seem to have a way of making me slow down my thinking and I feel peaceful around them.

Gardening is also something that seems to bring about peace in me, although this year I didn't get my garden planted quite soon enough. Plus, the heat here has been terrible. So, my plants aren't producing like they should, and the plants I wanted most to produce were the tomatoes. Sadly, I've had just a few cherry tomatoes, and I've had to keep buying the regular sized ones from the store.

I think that the horse represented God, and the tomato plant is the part of me that has been suppressed. I'm beginning to feel more alive and productive, thus the tomatoes on the vine coming up out of the mud, and the horse there representing the peace I feel from God about these changes in my life.

Thank you Lord, for your overwhelming presence in my life this week. Help me Lord, to stay my focus on you.

Suzanne :)

No comments: