Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Brighter Days

2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version)
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.




Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers after my last post. I can truly feel your prayers working. Thank you Jenn, for reminding me that we don't always see how we are affecting someone in the present for their future lives. I love having blog friends who care enough to lift me up when I am down. I hope I do the same for you.




I've been having a hard time keeping my focus on God lately. I'm not totally sure why that is. It feels as though I'm trying to see Him through a fog and I'm not sure what's holding me back. I know that He is there, thankfully. I remember a time when I didn't...it makes me shudder to think of that time in my life. I am beginning to get my focus back though. I woke up with a praise song in my head both yesterday and today. Hallelujah! That is actually one of the ways I can tell that I'm doing better.




Routine probably has something to do with why I've been struggling. When I'm off work, I have a tendency to stay up late and sleep late. Instead of planning things to do, I find myself getting bored. I also miss the routine of work, in general (and I miss the kids!). So I was happy to be back at work yesterday.




Another thing that seems to get me sidetracked is the absence of praise and worship music during the Christmas season. Music is the primary way that I hear the Lord speaking to me. And for some reason, Christmas music doesn't always do the same thing for me, even though it is a type of praise music. I miss terribly the music that speaks of our heartache and how God heals that heartache. I love Christmas music, but I'm so glad the radio is back to playing the music that speaks most to my heart. So I guess the Christmas season had me down the way it gets a lot of people down.



Now I'm looking forward to a new year. I kind of used my illness over the holiday to jump start me into eating better. I couldn't eat for a few days really, and once I was well my appetite wasn't as large. Since then I have been more motivated than I have been in a very long time to take better care of my body. That is a blessing in an of itself!



So things are definitely better and I'm very thankful. His grace is sufficient!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Just wanted to say Hi & send you a warm New Year's Hug! Hope you have a great week!

Susan said...

The verse you mentioned has gotten me through so much.

I'm glad you are better. Praise songs help me so much, too. They help me to focus on what is important.

Joy, my friend!
Susan

Gretchen said...

Blessings, Suzanne. Try to get outside and get some sunshine each day via a walk or lunch outside if you can. Liquid gold for the mood. :) Believe me, I would if I could, but we are to get r.a.i.n. Up to 20 inches this week. Ack.

Working on that ark. (((Hugs)))

Sheryl said...

glad things are better all around. seems to be an epidemic of people feeling distant from God. glad to see you are fighting against it.

love ya,
sheryl

Joan said...

Eating better makes me feel better. Less moody. Less tired. More energy!

I agree sunshine helps too.

Blessings for a Bright and Happy New Year!

Becky said...

Love that verse!

There is also the one about His mercies being new every morning...every day is a new day.

Woo hoo! Love those fresh starts with the Lord each day~!

Tana said...

I am SO with you regarding the radio and Christmas music! Our local stations go to 24/7 non-stop Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. This does not do good things for my attitude about Christmas. I spent the season listening to cd's and Pandora.com radio (where I can pick what I hear. It's legal and FREE!). -TJ (visiting from jesslovesjesus.com)