Saturday, January 31, 2009

Praise be to God!

Thank you so much for all your prayers on our behalf. We appreciate them more than you know. M began to improve pretty quickly over the last couple of days, after a wait that seemed like forever. The newest medication they have her on seems to be doing its job and she was allowed to go home today!!! She will need to be on steroids for a month or so, plus the other medications to make sure she doesn't relapse, but it looks like things are under control. Thank God!!

M will have to watch what she eats. So I plan on making her some of her favorite chicken and dumplings this weekend (fits perfectly into what she's allowed to eat). She's been wanting me to make them for a while anyway.

The rest of us here at home have been working on recovering from the flu. I'm mostly well, but this stuff has me really exhausted even after a week. So I'm trying to take it easy. Hopefuly everyone else will be well in the next couple of days too.

5 comments:

Becky said...

That is WONDERFUL news, Suzanne! Woo Hoo! Praise the Lord!

Gretchen said...

Oh, I am so thankful and relieved for you all.

Susan said...

I'm so grateful M is better and that you all are on the mend.

His Girl said...

I've been so far behind on blog reading... glad to know that M is on the mend, and you are starting to recover from your flu. May this be a week filled with swift healing mind, body, and soul.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Praises, indeed! Thank you, Lord!! I'm so glad M is home and that you're going to be able to prepare a favorite "comfort food" for her. I know that is salve for your heart.

Great news all around. Keep feeling better!