Thursday, January 29, 2009

Weary

Isaiah 40:29 (New International Version)
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.


Lord, I need your strength and power now. I am so weary.

M is still in the hospital. It's been and up and down kind of thing. One day things will seem somewhat better and the next day we'll be back to the previous step. Hopefully, what the doctors are giving her now will be the thing that works. They are saying if something doesn't work soon, they may have to do surgery to remove part of her colon. Please please help me in praying that that doesn't have to happen.

To complicate matters, I haven't been able to see M since last Saturday because I have had the flu. I had to miss Monday and Tuesday from work, plus yesterday was an ice day (so at least I didn't have to use another sick day). When I called her yesterday, she seemed pretty down in the dumps. It stinks that I wasn't there to give her a hug when she said cried saying she just wants to go home.

I am at work today, but I'm so weak. I have to go see M today after work. I can't go another day without seeing her. The rest of my family is home sick with the flu now, so I guess I will try to take care of them this evening as best I can...

Help me Lord to be stronger.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh, Suzanne...how hard to not be there for M when you wanted to be. Praying that you'll get there today, that God will strengthen your body so that you can care for those around you.

Lord, I pray for M that you would bring answers - the right ones. Bring healing and may I ask that you bring it quickly.

Love ya,
Sheryl

Gretchen said...

I cannot imagine...

praying.

Becky said...

Just a note to let you know you're being lifted up in prayer. I know it feels especially difficult when you as the mom are feeling sick and weak and weary yourself, so I'm praying that the Lord would heal you and the family, and that He would give you strength minute ny minute to get you through the day today, and that He would pour out encouragement and healing on your daughter as well.

((Hugs))

Susan said...

Bone weary. Psalm 63:1
[ A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah. ] O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Collapsed in the arms of the Father is the only rest sometimes. I pray that you will find that rest. I'm praying.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Suzanne, I'm so sorry. What a time to have the flu! No time is ever good, but this REALLY stinks. However, the Lord is not surprised by the timing of all of this. Run to Him. Rest in HIM. Trust Him to bring about M's healing - and yours. Know there is an army of us out here praying specifically for you and your precious family and believing that our great God will heal M.

Love you!

Sing4joy said...

Praying.