Tuesday, January 20, 2009

M...

M has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and started on medication for it last Thursday. By Sunday evening, she was feeling even worse than she had. She had not been able to keep anything in her system and was struggling to keep dehydrated. Finally, Sunday night she decided to go to the E.R. It seems that the medication they initially put her on isn't doing her any good (and may have actually made her somewhat worse), so she is now in the hospital.

The doctors tell us that this is something that can definitely be managed, but that it is going to take some time to get it under control. The estimate they have given us at this point is that she will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days. Problem is, after nearly two days she is still not responding to what they're doing for her.

*Sigh*...I just want my baby to feel better...and soon.

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Suzanne!

I don't know how I missed the previous post about M not feeling well. I am so sorry. My mom has said she feels much the same way watching me struggle with my illness. You can stand by, watch & pray but still feel helpless.

Glad that the doctors have diagnosed the colitis, now I can be praying that her body begins healing and quickly.

Love to you,
~sheryl

Becky said...

I'll continue praying for you all and for M's swift recovery, and that the Lord will bless you with plenty of information about it so that you're able to do all you can to help her feel better again soon.

Susan said...

Oh friend,

I know you are concerned with you baby in the hospital. I'm praying.

Love, Susan

Gretchen said...

So sorry to hear this, friend. I'm praying for so many sick kids right now. Sadly and gladly, of course, I'll add M to the list. hugs.

Joan said...

M is in my prayers also.
Hope all is well soon.
Blessings

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I'm SO sorry to hear M is in the hospital, but apparently that's where she needs to be to get "tuned up." Yes, colitis can be managed successfully, but I'm sure that doesn't make having your baby in the hospital any less worrisome. I join the many others here in praying for her and YOU as we ask expectantly for the Lord's healing.

Love you!

Tracy said...

OH me...
I will be praying for you guys.