Sunday, October 19, 2008

Next Saturday

I have no extra plans next weekend except for the game on Friday night. Woohoo! So, here's the plan for Saturday. I'll get the house spic and span. I'll do all the basics like laundry, dishes and vacuuming. Then I'll dust in every nook and cranny. Even the ceiling fan will be free from any speck of dust.

Then I'll re-arrange the book shelf and rid it of any miscellaneous extras that someone thought they would read, but never did. I'll cut down the CD collection to just those that we still might find ourselves listening to on an average Saturday afternoon. Same goes for the DVDs.

After all that, I'll clean out the drawers in the kitchen and in the bathroom. Next will come the cabinets and only things we use at least once a year will be neatly stacked making everything easy to find when I need it. The cabinets under the sinks won't have the sundry items that haven't been touched in eons.

Once I've worked my way through everything I've listed so far, I'll make the trek upstairs and start my work there. The linen closet will have only one extra set of sheets per bed in our home and there will be no more towels that should've been long since gone. There will also be a sweet scent as I will place a couple of wonderfully scented sachets with my neatly stacked linens.

Off to the bedroom I'll go and my bed will already be neatly made, of course, because who doesn't make their bed the instant they step out of it in the morning? I'll fluff the pillows and straighten the comforter. I'll then strip the closet and the drawers of any clothing that hubby and I haven't worn since before last year. I'll dust and vacuum and then straighten the picture frames on the dresser. Candles will be lit and I won't worry that any stacks of paper hubby left near will catch on fire, because he always puts his things where they go.

Once I'm done with the housework, I'll take a short break and sip some tea.

I'm sure that there will still be much of the morning left, so I'll be off to survey the garage sales in the area. I'm sure I'll find many things I truly need priced at a quarter or so. I'll bring my things home and place them where they go. I won't throw them in a corner or on the kitchen table.

A lunch date with a friend or two might be just the thing I do later. We'll chat and laugh. We'll eat our salads and drink our diet coke and won't think of having the chocolate cake for dessert. Stories of the accomplishments of our children this week will abound and none will be jealous because all of them are near perfect, you know.

Once evening is near, I'll get busy cooking dinner. I'll feed the children who will give me a hug and be off to their rooms to do their homework. A beautifully adorned table and a decadent meal will be waiting when hubby comes home from his afternoon of hanging out with the guys. We'll dine and talk while the candles glow. Then we'll retire to the back porch and sip a glass of wine while listening to our favorite romantic music. After that...well, you'll just have wonder.

A fantasy, you say? A dream? Hey people, it could happen!!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

It's always good to dream, but that sounds like a week of work uninterrupted.

Go for it!

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Just a WEEK of work? That'd take me SIX YEARS!!! But, hey... I like your dream. I think I'll go there with you 'cuz that's the only way I'll ever get all that done around here!

Thanks for the chuckle. Happy Sunday.

Gretchen said...

Wake up, Suzanne, wake up!

:)

Or don't. If you need the fantasy, i'm all for fantasizing.

His Girl said...

wow. you just described like a month's worth of work.

if you do this, even most of it... even part of it, you MUST tell us. so I can be amazed.

and I will be. I promise.

not bitter and jealous.

Laura said...

Suzanne,
Thank you for your comments on my blog.
God is so good and his faithfulness is never changing. Your prayers mean so much.
Have a blessed day.
Laura