Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who's complaining now?

So today at our faculty meeting, the principal showed a video about a church that started an organization called "A Complaint Free World". It was really quite interesting. The minister who started it felt like people complain way too much...umm, I must say I agree. And I would fit into the "complain too much" category myself these days. Certain things, at home and at work, have had me complaining quite a bit lately. That's one of the reasons I haven't been blogging so much...because I really don't like blogging when I have something negative to say.

I consider myself a fairly positive person. I know that keeping a smile on my face helps to keep me, and those around me, feeling good. Lately I have just been feeling like whining and griping quite a bit more. So this complaint free thing should be just the ticket.

I've been working on not complaining since this afternoon after the meeting. So far I've been harder on myself than I would be on others, for instance considering an "eye roll" a complaint and switching the armband. I may have to re-think what whether or not I consider that to be a complaint. This is NOT easy! :)

That being said, I would like to throw out a challenge. How many of you would like to join me in striving to be complaint free? The goal is to be complaint free for 21 days. Again, NOT easy...

Here is a video to tell you more:

2 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I saw this several months ago. It is thought provoking to be sure. (I disagree a bit with some of the church's tenets, but this part is great.) Living in a no complaint zone would be awesome, and I'm first to admit I'd be switching that armband back and forth every 12 seconds! The Lord has been working on me in the area of grumbling, and I'm trying hard to not only keep my mouth shut, but change my heart!

Great post. Fight the good fight (you know, without grumbling)!

Gretchen said...

Hm...I don't think I honestly have it in me to go whole hog on the bracelet, but I love the idea, and think it's all part of praising Him regardless of our circumstances. And, you're right, Suzanne, I'd have a hard time discerning "complaint" vs. eyeroll vs. deep breath to AVOID complaining. :)

God bless you!