Monday, February 23, 2009

A Challenge

Do you ever have those times when you want to take on a challenge, but you're afraid you will fail, so you just drop the idea? Jess, in taking on a challenge, has inspired me to challenge myself as well. The thought came to my mind yesterday that I should take on the challenge of actually spending quiet time with God every morning (I know, what a concept, right?). And the fear that I would fail came instantly with it, because I am sooooo not a morning person. Then I hear God whisper to me, all things are possible with Him...



Mark 10:27 (New International Version)
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."




Still, as I type this, it makes me sick at my stomach because I don't want to fail. If I don't post this, I can just pretend that the thought never crossed my mind. I don't want to let Him down. Fear of failure. And then I remember that this fear is not of Him...



Romans 8:15 (New International Version)
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."




Father, please help me to be disciplined enough with myself that I will go to bed at a decent hour, so that I can wake up and spend time with you. You know how much I need that.

2 comments:

Jenster said...

Ouch! I'm so not a morning person, either! I'm trying really hard to do this, too. But I'm so foggy when I first get up that I can't concentrate so I'm trying to get up early, get ready for work before the kids leave for school and THEN have my quiet time. It's a great theory.

I'll be praying for you as you take this challenge. I should probably take the challenge, too.

Gretchen said...

I'll be an accountability partner. I'm afraid of failure, too, but God loves me anyway. He loves you, too. We can do this.