Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facebook

Oh my goodness, it wasn't easy to convince me to even use it, but now I am so addicted to facebook! My kids kept telling me how great it was, and now I'm one of the many who agree. It's because of facebook that my children can no longer be guaranteed a home cooked meal (oh, the horror!).

Last night on facebook I talked to my favorite cousin (actually favoritest cousin in the world!). I talked to my sister-in-law, who I haven't spoken to in years. And I talked to my 2nd cousin, once removed (believe me, it took some serious thinking to figure that out).

Partially because of facebook, I now have pretty conclusive evidence that I am a descendant of the Waldensians, a Christian sect that was driven almost entirely out of France in the early years of protestantism. I've been able to figure this out because I have compiled information from a few sources. Between conversations, I also talked to my dad and he pulled out genaeology records, helping me to figure out my ancestors back to 1866! How fun is that!

I guess it's a good thing I'm in ISS right now (and the kids are being good right now! yeah!) or there would be no time left for blogging.

Ok, back to my regular job now. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I have yet to try the koolaid of face book. I just know I'd be a goner. :)

ENjoy reconnecting.

Becky said...

That's so neat to find all that out about your ancestors. I read a Christian fictions series recently, "House of Silk", though for the life of me I can't remember the author's name...but it was set in France during that period...Protestant Christians that were working in the Silk Trade making garments for Royalty...and how dangerous it was due to the threat of being beheaded. Very good historical series, by the way.

And yeah, I don't dare do facebook or myspace...I spend enough time on the computer with this whole bloggin' thang.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Facebook has created many an addict! I've had a blast the last few weeks connecting with even more friends and extended family than I had before. GREAT networking site and fun to boot!

Now get to work!

Sing4joy said...

I am SO unaddicted to facebook. I barely even know it exists. I only check 5 to 6 times a day.
What?