Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What is your greatest struggle?

2 Timothy 1:7 (New International Version)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.


Self-discipline. I don't even like hearing the words. My greatest struggle having to do with self-discipline, it seems, is in taking care of myself the way I know that I am supposed to do. I don't eat the way I should. I don't sleep the way I should. Just about every day I do something and I know I would've been better off had I not done it.


I almost never go to bed before 11:30. Then I'm tired the next day. I tell my kids that they won't be so tired if they will go to bed at a decent hour. It is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" things. However, last night I went to bed at 9:00pm. That is a victory for me! So, knowing that I feel better today, will I do the same tonight? We'll see...

Help me Lord to learn to have more self-discipline. Help me to show my children, that with Your help, this can be done.

What about you? What is your greatest struggle?

1 comment:

Sing4joy said...

Me too! Except I make my kids have better habits than me. Sad.