Saturday, February 28, 2009

Amazing - Day 5

It's amazing what the Lord can do if you just let Him. Today is day five of the challenge I have been working on, to get up and spend quiet time with God daily. I guess I shouldn't be shocked (but of course, I am) that I'm beginning to feel differently. My thinking seems different. My mood is different. I feel closer to my Lord.

It was such a drudgery (ooh, hate to even use that word, but it's true) to get up, to focus, to do what I knew I needed to be doing. But I forced myself (thank you Lord for the strength) to get out of the bed and read my Bible and pray and listen to the music that helps me to worship God.

I have decided to make it my goal to have my quiet time for 30 days straight. Again, hard to put that out here, but I know God will help me to do it.

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

3 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I'm inspired! I'm SO not a morning person, but I know that I also can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Good for you, S, and thanks for the nudge to better at this myself!

Gretchen said...

You da woman! I'm going for 5 of 7 days as my goal, giving me Saturday off and Sunday to be fed at church. But I wanted to check in and tell you that I did do my quiet time yesterday while Jenny skied. It was awesome.

I'm so proud of you for letting God do His work. We all need that medicine, Suzanne. We all do.

Becky said...

That is a terrific goal...and you will be rewarded each day for your efforts. Truly, it's the best way to start a day off on the right footing.