Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My 100th Post and My First Meme

I've finally reached the milestone of my 100th post. Since I got tagged by Jenn at Casa de Castro to do a "Six Random Things" meme and since I could not come up with 100 things about me like the amazing HisGirl (I couldn't even come up with 50..), hopefully you'll all be satisfied with this. Otherwise, feel free to ask random questions and I'll answer pretty much anything else you want to know. So here goes...

1. I love to type, which is a good thing when you love to blog. :) I'm a pretty good typist, partially because I have a habit of tapping with my fingers on the sides of my legs (typing) things I say out loud or things others say to me. It can be a little embarassing when people notice me doing it. Weird is a good thing, right?

2. I have a fear of lakes or any body of water that has fish or other water creatures. Not being able to see to the bottom of the lake makes my imagination run wild wondering what's down there and if it might graze me swimming by. I also can't stand the thought of the dirt and germs or other icky stuff that could be in a lake. My mom says that even when I was a small child, I didn't like lakes and would cry if we would drive over a long bridge over a lake.

3. I have traveled very little in my life, but my favorite place I have visited is Alaska. My family spent the summer there the year I was 12. I would absolutely love to visit there again. It's also interesting that it was the only time I've ever seen the ocean and it was the Arctic. I still have never been to the Texas coast even though it's only 5 or so hours away from me.

4. I love Tex-mex food. I could eat it every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner and sometimes do. And it must be spicy hot! I buy salsa in the institutional size container.

5. I have a loud voice. An old lady at a party once rather rudely told me that my voice was going to be the only thing heard on the video tape of the party. Having a loud voice isn't always bad though. If you need someone to yell across a crowd to get another person's attention, I'm your girl!

6. I went by the name Susan instead of Suzanne from the time I was 12 till I was about 30 because a boy made fun of my name in jr. high school. He would yell "Shazam!" down the hallway. Anyone remember the tv show Shazam? I also thought Susan sounded more "normal". I love my name now and I'm glad it's not that common.

Well those are my Six Random Things.

Ooooh, now it's my turn to tag someone to tell their Six Random Things. Hmmm, let's see. I pick:

Susan at Lila's Journey

Jess at Mourning Into Dancing

Tracy at Our Journey

Joan at More God = Less Me

8 comments:

His Girl said...

Happy Hundredth Post!!!

I loved reading all the little quirky things. I think it's all those little quirks that add up to you being the Suzanne we all know and love.

and girrrl, you have GOT to come to California! We'll go see the Pacific, and you will never want to leave :)

ps-For the record, I cheated. i couldn't come up with 100 things on my own. that was torture!

Becky said...

Happy 100th!

I remember as a young girl swimming in a lake and feeling something ticklish on my feet. I looked down through the murky water and saw little fish nibbling at my toes. I FREAKED OUT!!

So I'm totally with you on that. Also, I have a loud voice and a loud laugh. My mom was always after me, "Becky...tone it down." But it works well for yelling after toddlers that go running off.

Sheryl said...

Happy 100th. I cannot believe you are the same woman that I met 100 posts ago. Well maybe because you are not. What a ride it has been watching you. Love to you!!
Sheryl

Tracy said...

Oh wow! What fun! I am in Arkansas right now, my hubby is preaching a revival in conway.... and will post mine asap.

Susan said...

Well, congratulations!! I'll think on this and post soon.

Are you loving life today? I'm praying for you right now.

Susan said...

By the way, I'm new to bloggy world. What's a meme?

Gretchen said...

Congrats on your 100th post, you typing-lover, you. ;) I totally remember the TV show Shazam. Sorry you were made fun of for that. However, I thought Isis looked a lot like my mom (who was very pretty).

I love water, so I'm not with you on that one, but we do have the spicy Texmex or Mex food in common. If I had to live on beans and cheese and tortillas, I seriously could. Especially if a margarita was thrown in once in a while.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Congrats on 100! What a milestone..loved reading the 6 random things and getting to know you even more. I'm with you on the lake thing....always wonder what is lurking below! But the ocean...that is a whole better scene....just don't go out too far for what lurks there is what is scarry to me!