Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Were Spared By Ike...Pray For Those Who Weren't

Thankfully, here in Dallas we just got some much needed rain from hurricane Ike. Since we thought we were going to get much more, we canceled the fundraiser garage sale that we were going to have. That gave us a weekend with very little else to do, so we managed to get the house back in order. Hallelujah! While I wouldn't want someone to look closely and see the dust that is still there, at least I would no longer be completely embarassed for someone to come into my home.

I also had time to catch up on blogging. I think I had about 40 posts to catch up on from my favorite blog-sisters. It was great reading what everyone else has been up to. I also finally had time to post the recipe that I accidentally published and then took down because I was missing part of the recipe (3 weeks ago!). So now it really is there if you click on my recipe blog.

Unfortunately, Ike wasn't so kind to other areas. I called my dad in East Texas last night and he said they had a pretty good storm and their power had been out for hours, but there wasn't a whole lot of damage that they could see so far. Then I saw on the news all the damage in Houston and they said they might not have power back for weeks! I feel so bad for all they're going through...

Praying for those who have lost so much this weekend that God will give them comfort and restoration.

6 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Studly grew up at South Padre Island, so he's been through some hurricanes in his lifetime. He laughed at all the "drama" coming from the meteorologists on TV. When I got mad at him for laughing, he said, "Just wait and see. We MIGHT get some rain, but we don't need flashlight batteries and nine gallons of drinking water." He was right, and I am glad.

We do have friends in Houston who are at a relative's house in Austin, and they've been told they can't go home yet. Looks bad down that way. I'm praying for all down there as well.

Glad you got organized. More than I can say for my weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm a fellow Christian blogger in Dallas! Nice to meet ya!

Becky said...

So glad y'all were spared!

Tracy said...

Very true-my dad was scheduled to go to M.D. Andersons in Texas-but the had to postpone-they closed the hospital down...(to incoming patients that is) We are truly blessed...only a few trees down here.

Joan said...

In-laws live just north of Houston. They will be roughing it for a few weeks. They stayed during the storm and will be without power for weeks.

Praying for speedy recovery for the gulf, again.

Gretchen said...

We may have rain, but usually are spared the violent weather. I can't imagine how helpless one feels in the wake of such a storm.