Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oy vey! What a day!

Wow! I am just about wiped out today. Last night was the homecoming football game. We had fun even though our team lost, but I was a little disappointed that I didn't see anyone from the class of '83. Typically at the homecoming games every year I will see a few people that I knew from high school and this being our 25th year I thought I might see a few more. Does no one follow tradition any more? Oh well...if I didn't have kids there, I'm not sure I'd have been there either.

I was up till 2am because we didn't get home from the football game till 12:00 and I have to have time to wind down. After about 6 hours of sleep (I need at least 2 hours more), I got up and took T to drama rehearsal. Then I stopped and picked up donuts to take to the fundraiser garage sale that K was doing. I helped with the garage sale for several hours till time to pick up T from drama rehearsal.

I went to pick up T at 1pm, but they weren't finished rehearsing yet. So I rushed to Kroger to see if their floral department had any mums left over for homecoming...the dance is tonight. Nothing like waiting till the last minute! Thankfully, they had two left and one looked really nice. Sixty dollars poorer, I walked out with something kind of like this, only with our school colors (didn't think of taking a picture of the one I did get).

Then I went back to the school to pick up T, who by now was finished rehearsing. Next task was to go shopping for something for him to wear to the dance. Again, nothing like waiting till the last minute. About 10 stores later and 80 dollars poorer (not bad really for suit pants and jacket, plus tie that had to match the girlfriend's dress), we finally had his outfit. Not bad really, compared to the cost involved for getting a girl ready for the homecoming dance. Oh, by the way...K has no interest whatsoever in school dances which is why I wasn't dealing with getting two kids ready.

Whewww...I'm starting to realize why I am so exhausted.

Next up on the agenda, T and I had to go help pack up the leftovers from the garage sale with K. Woohoo! K made $111 toward her trip to Philmont next summer with Venturing Crew. Good thing, since it's going to cost over $800 total. More garage sales are planned and probably other fundraising events too.

Later back at the house, I got a chance to sit down and rest for just a few minutes while T took a shower, before ironing his shirt and tying his tie for him. I couldn't believe I'd forgotten how to tie a tie (used to do it all the time till D learned how to tie his own) and since D is gone on a camping trip with the scout troop, I had to figure it out. It took a while even with the picture we found on the internet, but we finally did git 'er done.

Once T made sure he looked perfect to go, we went to pick up his girlfriend and a couple more of their friends. I got lots of pictures of the lovely couple and of the group before driving them to the dance. By the way, we did pick out just the right tie because I heard T and his girlfriend say it looked like they had shopped together because the color match was so good. Score!!

I dropped off four giggly kids at the dance and then stopped on the way home to pick up dinner for me and K and now we're watching a catch-up soap opera marathon from the ones we have recorded. Can I just say, I love my recliner... Now if only I could fall asleep while watching, but I can't. T won't be home for about an hour and a half and I'm one of those moms who has to stay awake till the kids are all home.

When I finally get to go to bed, I will sleep well tonight!

4 comments:

His Girl said...

*whew* I think I need a nap just READING about this big ol' full day!

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

No wonder you're feeling tired. I'm exhausted for you! And so I'm gonna go taking a nap. :)

You're such a good mom to be so dedicated to the kids' activities. That means a lot! Now you've gotta post some homecoming pictures so we can see all the fun.

Have a great Sunday.

Becky said...

Whoa...that was one busy time!

Yay on the matching colors...that's not an easy thing to do to get such an exact match! You da mom!

Gretchen said...

Oh, I love me some soap opera catching up, too. :) Thanks for your sweet encouragement on my blog.