Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Starting to Feel Like Fall..and a Few Other Things

Daniel 2:21 (New International Version)
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.


Ahhh, this morning when I went to get into my car it was so cool I thought I might have to wear a sweater soon. Lovely weather we're having here! Sometimes I wish it was like this every day, but then I guess we wouldn't appreciate the great weather if we didn't have the bad weather to compare it to.

Next subject, my hubby and I are really not enjoying some things about the high school experience for our kiddos right now because of one particular teacher. It's so irritating when a person seems to love the "power" of being in a certain position while doing as little as possible of the responsibilities that go with being in that position. Plus, there have been a few occurrences. that are just unacceptable. Unfortunately, what used to be a very good program has deteriorated because of this individual. Several parents are contacting the principal, so we'll see what happens...

And onto my final topic of this post, I am SO glad that I don't work as a substitute teacher every day. Every so often, I will be called from my regular job to cover for a teacher that is absent and today was one of those days. The class where I was a sub today was just awful. Usually I think I'm pretty good at managing the kids, but today I just couldn't seem to keep them under control.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...and it's supposed to be another beautiful, cool day too.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to handle the situations I encounter in a way that brings You glory.

6 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I love the verse from Daniel that you quoted. It is especially true right now for me, not only with this cooler weather, but also with the political climate we're in these days. Whenever I am discouraged about that, I just remember that GOD establishes kings and removes kings, and that means that whoever wins the White House will have done so with the full knowledge of God and WILL be subject to His sovereignty!

Hope your tomorrow is better than your today. Keep us posted on the happenings after the principal gets involved.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this cool weather! It makes my allergies go haywire!lol Once the weather switches over for good, then my allergies settle down...

I wanted to be a teacher when I was about 13!LOL Now that I'm in my 30's I see it's not for me. God bless you!!LOL

Susan said...

I hope tomorrow's better, cutie!

Last night was crazy. Left work after Junkin' Jewelry at 10:15 and then ached so badly that I couldn't sleep. Will sleep well tonight, I'll bet.

Just remember...you are a blessing!

Gretchen said...

Re: the teacher...absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I have no idea why some people have inflated notions of their self worth (compared to others), but it really is irritating. I hope you find a solution soon.

May your ending prayer be mine,as well.

His Girl said...

I am sooooo glad to be FINALLY to your blog, getting all caught up. today's verse is perfect for me today

great post. hope the tchr thing gets fixed soon.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

C'mon over to my place and play along if you'd like. ;)

Have an awesome weekend!