Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Being Content

Philippians 4:12 (New International Version)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

That verse is so special to me because I really do know what it is to be in need and I really do know what it is to have plenty. I know the secret of being content too. I believe that the ONLY way to truly be content is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior and to truly believe that God is in control of everything. Still, I'm human and I struggle like anyone. So I have to remind myself of these things when my anxiety begins to take hold of me.

Right now there are a lot of things going on in my life while at the same time not much is going on. I'm off work. My teenagers are out of town. It's quiet in my home. Also, someone I care about is coming to the end of her life. A twenty-something young woman I know is in the hospital with severe complications from pregnancy and it's possible she won't make it. I'm trying to force myself to call someone about a disability my 16 yr. old daughter may have (and we desperately need help with!). And I need to go register for college classes which brings up all kinds of feelings in me.

I guess the best thing to do is to make a list of the things I need to do, truly give up to God the things I can do nothing about, and just get on with my life. I also need to remind myself more just how very blessed I am to be where I am in my life. It is truly by grace.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Hey girl, thanks for the mention in your previous post. You're so sweet. I'm glad you're sharing all of the things going on in your life, now we know how to pray for you.

Did you say where you went when you got your make-up on and went out the door? Hey, I think I might blog about my great adventure today, we'll see.

Love,
Sheryl

His Girl said...

I pray you find the help you need with your daughter. Don't be afraid to reach out... God places people all around us for just such a purpose.