Friday, June 13, 2008

In Need of Comfort

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (New International Version)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

I am generally an optimist, but this week I'm really down. I feel like I wasted the entire week. I had all this time that I could've talked to my husband without the kids around (and I really need to talk to him) and I had the entire week to be able to call someone about my daughter and I waited until Friday afternoon. Can you say procrastination!?! I didn't want to deal with my issues, so I just sat around stewing about them, feeling sick about them.

Well at least I did call someone about my daughter. The problem is that the problem I believe she has doesn't seem to be very easy to find information about. I'm pretty sure she has Asperger's Syndrome (a high functioning form of autism). I did a ton of internet searches and came up with only a couple of numbers, one of which had a voice recording that said welcome to whatever treatment center and then gave no way of talking to anyone unless you knew who you already wanted to contact. Then when I called another number and finally did talk to someone, the doctor himself answered the phone and told me there was a waiting list to see him, took my name and number and said hopefully he'd be back in touch in a few weeks. That was odd... So I joined their online support group...(sigh)...

I guess I really need to talk to my husband tonight and I'm not at all looking forward to that because at this point it feels like same story, different day...

Pretty sad, but I spent the last few weeks of work thinking I couldn't wait for summer and now I just wish I were back at work where I would have that to take my mind off of all that is at home.

FYI - the young woman who had the problems after having her baby is doing well enough she was sent home yesterday, so that is good news.

Help me Lord to find my comfort in You.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Amisare Waswerebeen is exactly that, helping verbs. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Incidentally, I have a friend who has found that her husband and her son have Asperger's. She has learned a lot about it and it has helped her understand so much about them and their actions. I will ask her where she gets her information and pass it along to you. Good luck.

Sheryl said...

Suzanne, I'm getting caught up on your last few posts. I'm sorry you think you "wasted" this week. I'm also sorry you're not getting the answers you need for your daughter. Keep after it though. I have a friend whose son wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's until high school and she had to keep persisting. You're a good mom, Suzanne!! Okay now I'm going to read about the rice krisy treats