Monday, June 9, 2008

Week of Rest

Week of rest...yeah right!

First my Verse of the Day.

Psalm 119:76-77
May Your unfailing love be my comfort. Let Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight.

It took a while to find a verse today and I can't believe I found it in the midst of a 16 year old playing guitar hero. AHHHHH!! It is really noisy where my computer is now (even though she does have the game turned down really low). I miss my laptop. I'm SO glad my kids are leaving for a mission trip tomorrow. I truly do love them so much, but teenagers are quite challenging. Ok, enough whining for me...

The verse above was on the back of a little card that says "Mom, your love has helped me to know what God's love is like." That may be the sweetest card I've received in my life. My oldest daughter who is an all grown up teacher is one of the most amazing people I know. I was reading another blog this morning where someone said her child was who she was in spite of the mothering she'd had and that's pretty much how I feel about my oldest. I was 19 when I had her and I've done the best I knew how, but it's by the grace of God that she is who she is.

So now I'm off to do laundry and help my kiddos get packed. Then the rest of the week I'll probably clean, but hey, at least it will stay pretty clean till they get back! Woohoo! :)

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Hey Suzanne, where are you kids going? And for how long?

What a great card to have received from your daughter. Aren't those just the best. You've got to save all those written words of affirmation for proof later!!

-Sheryl

Suzanne said...

My teenagers will be gone on a church mission trip till Saturday. I drop them off at 7:30 tomorrow morning. My plan is to be fully dressed and with makeup on (which is a challenge since I am so not a morning person..lol) and then I plan to go shopping. :)

His Girl said...

This is a wonderful verse... and that a sweet, sweet card & what a sweet, sweet testimony! Praise to God!