Sunday, July 13, 2008

Glory

Philippians 2:9-11 (New International Version)
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.



When I think on these verses, I just get the most beautiful picture in my head. It makes me think of the song "Glory" by Selah. You can hear it if you scroll down on the right to the Music I Love and click play.

Some days I long for that day so much and other days I remember that there are people I love who don't yet seem to know the Lord. On those days, I'd rather it be a little longer time. Still, I know it's not up to me.

I get homesick longing to be with my Lord, but then I remember why I am here. To bring him glory. So that others may see Him in me. So that maybe something He does through me will help another to believe. And I know it's all worth it.

Thank you Father that I know in my heart on that day when all confess that you are Lord, that it won't be foreign to my tongue. Thank you Lord that you continue to break my stubborn will and are helping me to live out Your will. All glory and honor and praise be Yours!

1 comment:

His Girl said...

Amen! Amen!

Also, your blog looks TERRIFIC!