Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

Proverbs 11:25 (New International Version)
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

I was actually looking for a verse about refreshment from the Lord when I found that one, but it actually works quite well because someone decided to give my husband tickets to a minor league baseball game that is tonight. After all, refreshment from others is actually refreshment from the Lord, huh? We have a brand new stadium very close to home and it's supposed to be a lot of fun there. I've never been to a minor league game, so I'm really looking forward to it.

We have 5 tickets to the game, so my 14 yr. old son, T gets to bring his girlfriend along. Something about T makes her giggle constantly. We're not sure what it is. He's amusing, but not nearly as amusing to us as he is to this girl, it seems. She's a really sweet girl though and I honestly couldn't be happier with his choice of girlfriends right now. Let's hope I'm always this pleased with his choices.

Well I'm off to get ready to go!

2 comments:

Technonana said...

Hope you had a great time at the game!!! Yeah, the girlfriend thing... I'm praying that is always true!!!

Sheryl said...

Suzanne, how great to get a surprise gift and you recognize it as being from God. I totally get it about T's girlfriend giggling all the time. Did you say he's 14? That explains it. Glad you like her!!

Have a great day
-Sheryl