Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sharing My Faith

Luke 8:39 (New International Version)
"Return home and tell how much God has done for you." So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him.


I don't know what it is about me. Some days I could talk to any old stranger without the slightest bit of difficulty. Then there are other days when I kind of feel frozen within myself, afraid to talk to anyone. It's strange I guess, but I almost consider myself both an extrovert and an introvert. It all depends on my mood...or maybe my confidence level at the time.

Today I had a chance to share my faith with someone. It wasn't very easy for me to do, in fact I felt a little shaky. Plus, my teenagers were there with me and I wondered if I was going to get that look that they will give at times like Oh gosh, mom... But it was something I felt needed to be shared and I did. I'm so thankful that I listened to the Lord's voice prompting me to go on when I was unsure about myself.

There are times in my life when I'm so on top of the world in my faith that words just gush out; times when I must remind myself stop to let the other person speak too. Other times, it's more like today and the Spirit has to prompt me a little.

I am thankful that the Lord allows me the mountaintops (times when I'm like Julie Andrews singing The Hills Are Alive!) and I'm thankful that even when I'm not quite up there, that He prompts me and I am still able to share His love with the world.

Father, I pray that You will help me to always listen to You. I thank You that Your Holy Spirit guides me in my words. I thank You for Your love and for allowing me to share Your love with others.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm much the same way! I always thought an introvert was someone who was shy and reserved and an extrovert was someone who wanted to talk with everyone.

I read something one time that said the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is the way they refresh/renew. An introvert is refreshed by quiet introspection while an extrovert is renewed by being with others. If that's the definition, I'm definitely an introvert. That's o.k. God made me that way. :)

Loved your writing. Thanks.