Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More About Victory Over Fear

Psalm 94:18-19 (New International Version)
18 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. 19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.


How great are those verses!?!


A week about I posted about struggling with fear. I was having a pretty rough time, nowhere near as rough a time as I've had in the past, but a rough time nonetheless. I'm so happy to report that I made it through those couple of days. I'm even more thankful to know that my Lord and Savior is the reason why I made it.


There has been a lot of chaos around me. I'm busy raising teenagers (which is a trial in and of itself!), my husband is unhappy because he hates his job, I have issues with my mother, and I'm off work right now which means I don't have that to focus on. Plus we are having issues with the house that are costing bunches of money, including our pool (where we should be cooling off from the Texas heat), which currently looks like this:
So I tend to react in an anxiety ridden way when things like this are happening. I always know it's not the end of the world and that it's irrational, but regardless of that, I feel the way I do.


Thankfully, God has helped me to see in so many ways that He is in control and that I am not. Wow, was it ever hard for me to let Him be in control for the first time! HaHa, like I ever had the control in the first place, right?


God is always so faithful to see me through my darkest hours. Nowadays, instead of letting things continue to spiral downward, He reminds me who He is and pulls me back up. He reminds me that He is bigger than any of my problems.


Thank You Father for rescuing me from the pits I dig for myself. Help me Father to trust You more and keep me from believing anything that is different from what Your Word tells me.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

amen, suzanne. don't believe the lies only The Truth.

that pool situation sure does stink though!! gotta say i do feel badly about that. but so glad your reactions to life aren't filled with anxiety.

love to you
sheryl

Tracy said...

Prayers coming your way with the job situations. The pool too ;0} I agree, that stinks! I ran across your blog from somewhere down the line :) I think I started at Rachels, just wanted to pop in and visit!
Tracy