Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Small Things God Asks Us To Do

Someone whose blog I was reading last night had posted a story about praying for a stranger. It was a beautiful story about God being in the details. It reminded me how God calls us to do not just big things for him, but small things as well.

Many times I am compelled to pray for random people I don't know. I will just see someone walking down the street as I'm driving and feel like they need prayer. Sometimes it's more obvious why there is a need, for instance if someone looks destitute. Other times, there is no outward appearance of a problem and I just feel strongly that God wants me to pray for a person.

I often wonder if God will ever let me in on how things turned out for the people He has asked me to pray for. It reminds me of the song Thank You For Giving To The Lord by Ray Boltz. Here is a video someone put together with the song. I think that it is amazing!




No comments: