Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A New Day

Lamentations 3:22-23 (New International Version)
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


I think just blogging about my fear situation yesterday helped SO much. I am happy to say that I have been feeling much better, have not had a panic attack and did not have to resort to the xanax. Yeah God!!

I had to face a fear this morning as I had to tell my 16 yr. old that she has an appointment on Friday to see a psychologist who specializes in Asperger's Syndrome. She has a tendency to totally freak out when she's nervous about something, so I was concerned about how she would handle it when I told her. Thank God, so far she seems to be handling it very well. Let's give another shout out to God!

Now I have one more fear to face today. My mother and I have a strained relationship and she called me for the first time in two months the other day. She asked if we could get together some time and we scheduled to do something on Saturday. I want to ask my mother if she will go with me to a women's retreat at my church this weekend and plan to ask her today. I'm not sure how her relationship is with the Lord right now and she could be totally put off by my suggestion that she go with me. I've left conversations with my mother feeling rejected more times than I can tell you, so that's why I'm afraid to ask her. So pray for us please!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I'm praying for you right now, that the Holy Spirit will soften your mother's heart and be open to your invitation. That God will draw you two closer together. In Christ,
Joan

Sheryl said...

Praying for ya and praising God for the work He is doing in your life. I can hardly believe you're the same woman I "met" a few months ago.

love ya
sheryl