Thursday, July 17, 2008

My mom...

Well I talked to my mom last night. I got up the courage to ask her about the retreat, but she doesn't want to go to it. She said it's because she needs to spend more time with her husband, but I don't know. Anyway, I guess I will spend the day with her on Saturday instead of going to the retreat. I've been praying for a relationship with my mom and I feel like I need to sieze the opportunity to spend time with her.

I am thankful that the Lord gave me the courage to even ask my mom to go to the retreat. That was so hard for me to do in and of itself. I guess the Lord also gave me the strength not to have it be such a let down when she said no too, although I am disappointed.

Now I'm just praying that the time I spend with mom this weekend will be good for our relationship and that I can witness to her in a very gentle way. That gentle part really needs prayer as I'm more a "bull in the china cabinet" kinda gal by nature.

Thanks for your prayers thus far. It really warms my heart to know that you all care.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

You were right to ask her, and I think its great you did. I'll be praying your time together will be so sweet and full of love and joy that it will absolute knock your socks off with amazement. You're "honoring your mother" as the Word instructs. Trust the Lord to do His part in this.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

oops! I meant "absoluteLY knock your socks off!"

Sheryl said...

You are spending time with your mom on Saturday. Whoohoo!! That is an answer to prayer. You are brave and courageous and God is going to bless you.

Thanks for always being an encouragment to me. So glad we found each other..well I guess that was God.

I will be praying for you on Saturday.

Sheryl

Joan said...

When God closes a door He opens a window. I believe that God will bless your efforts because of the spirit and attitude you are having towards your mom. There's a verse about God restoring what the locusts have eaten. I believe He can restore your relationship with your mother. I'll be praying for you. God Bless.