Friday, August 1, 2008

Back to School Shopping

Tonight I'm resting my feet after several hours of shopping with my teenagers for school clothes. It went pretty well really. There were no knock-down-drag-out fights about things I wouldn't buy. I'm having a hard time understanding why almost everything item of clothing out there for teens has skulls on it, but thankfully neither of the kids pushed me on my general rule against skulls on clothing. It just seems creepy and dark to me.

T is more into fashion than my girls ever were. He'll be stylin' in black pin striped shorts (a little odd to me, but the kids say they're cool) and some green and blue plaid shorts. He got quite bored when it was K's turn to try on clothes, but at least the ladies' dressing room had comfy seats for us to sit and wait.

K found two pairs of pants she likes and a couple of shirts too and the shirts were only $2.99 each! How did I get that lucky!?! Finding clothes that K likes and getting a great deal at the same time...mama says YESSS!!

We still have quite a few more things to get before school gets started, but we made a dent in the list today!

3 comments:

His Girl said...

mama says yesssssssssssss!


so funny!

lrh said...

So glad we are past that stage. I SO did not like school shopping. Hope your next trip is just as productive.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.