Monday, August 18, 2008

Tired...so tired...

What a night last night was! In case you missed yesterday's post, my 16 yr. old daughter had freshman initiation for the new flute players in the band here at our house. We had 20 teenagers in our small house and back yard. They had fun dressing the freshmen in silly outfits and had a candy filled piƱata for them to bash.

I was supposed to be able to sleep while my older daughter, age 24, watched all the kids. That didn't quite happen as I felt the need to check on things quite frequently. That wasn't the kids' fault, they were really good and quiet all things considered.

I should've done what S4J said and just said no... Nah, not really. It was worth it, I guess. Even though I am completely wiped out after working all day (and a really crazy busy day it was) on 2 1/2 hours of sleep, I know that the kids had a blast. I think it's someone else's turn to host "freshman wakeup" next year though.

I think I will eat dinner and go to bed very soon...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

My oldest is a freshmen too! Thank goodness we homeschool and I don't have to worry about that orientation....lol.

His Girl said...

freshman wakeup sounds horrid from a momma pov but WONDERFUL from a child's- so cool of you to host it! that's just beyond awesome. when my kids get to that point, you have to promise to cheerlead me thru!