Saturday, August 9, 2008

Take Out

Tonight I decided to pick up dinner from Popeye's. I don't go there often, so I had forgotten that pretty much every time I've been there, I've been amazed by how intelligent their employees are. For instance, take this brilliant exchange from one of the past times I've been there:

"Can I take your order?"
"Yes, I'd like a #5 meal with fries and a Dr. Pepper."
"You want a #5 meal?"
"Yes, with fries and a Dr. Pepper."
"What kind of side do you want with that?"
"Fries."
"And what kind of drink?"
"Dr. Pepper"....

This time when I ordered, there was a similar conversation over the drive thru speaker system where I again ordered a meal and had to repeat the side and drink orders. Then when I got up to the window, I asked what kind of sauces they had for the chicken strips I'd ordered. So the guy lists of the various options including "Mardi Gras Mustard". "What's that?", I asked. The guy says "Well I've never tried it, but seriously, it's not good". I laughed and asked him how he would know it's no good if he never tried it and he said "Well, it doesn't smell good".

Being a fan of some things that don't necessarily smell good, take parmesan cheese and cooking cabbage. So I decided to try "Mardi Gras Mustard" anyway. The guy at Popeye's looked at me like I was crazy as he handed it to me and I just had to smile. Personally I give the sauce, a sweet mustard mixed with horseradish, a big thumbs up.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad you enjoyed the Nail Salon. I am still giggling over it, too.

Also, check out You Tube - Bon Qui Qui at King Burger. Reminded me of your Popeye's experience. It is by the same comedienne as the Nail Salon - Anjelah Johnson. She's hilarious!