Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Crazy Weekend

Short post to say I had a very busy weekend. I worked till 4:00pm yesterday and then left at about 5:00pm to go visit my dad and stepmom who live 2 1/2 hours away. It's my dad's birthday today and we wanted to surprise him with a visit since it's been quite a while since we've seen him.

If you've read my story, you may wonder about my visiting my dad. It's a long story to tell how God worked things out, but I don't have time to tell it right now. Long story short though, my dad is not the same person I grew up knowing. God has performed a work in his life that is nothing short of miraculous in my opinion. I have been wanting to share the details for a while, but just haven't yet. I hope to have that post done one of these days soon though.

We had a very nice, if also very quick visit with my dad and stepmom. We got to meet his Sunday school group (which he says are the best ever and I must say they do seem very sweet) and then got to listen to him play his guitar and sing for their church service.

We're home now and in a couple of hours there will be 15-20 kids in my home for "freshman wakeup", meaning my daughter K and her upper classmen band friends (along with my 24 yr. old daughter) will go wake freshman from the high school band at about 12:30am, bring them to my house and make them do silly things as a type of initiation. Don't worry though, no one will actually be made to do anything of course.

"Freshman wakeup" is supposed to happen downstairs while I sleep peacefully upstairs because I have to work tomorrow. We'll see if that happens. Am I crazy? Yeah, must be. Glutton for punishment? Yeah, must be that too.

If I have survived this weekend, maybe I'll get a post done some time tomorrow... :)

6 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Oh, yay!! I'm glad you had a good visit with your dad. Isn't God amazing to heal hurts and change hearts? Can't wait to read that part of the story.

Will pray you get some good rest in spite of the freshman invasion. Have a great week!

Sing4joy said...

um. just say no?

Joan said...

What a blessing for you on Sunday. And I think you are crazy, :-)!

When I'm 64 said...

Can't wait to read more. I got tickled at sing4joy's comment. I find myself shaking my head "no" and raising my hand. Hmm.

You're a great momma. Susan

Gretchen said...

I love those rite of passage times. I do. Can't wait for my kids to be "kidnapped" or some such thing.

Gretchen said...

PS and BTW, my dad and I have a warm relationship now. It's not what I had wanted or expected as a child, but it works for us. We have brief contact each year for 2 or 3 days once or twice a year, and we phone weekly or biweekly. Forgiveness is a beautiful gift, no?