Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Dear Friend

Ecclesiastes 4:10 (New International Version)
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Today I get to go hang out for a while with a dear friend, Robin, who I haven't seen in way too long. For years I worked as her assistant and we talked almost every day. We got to be really close after her husband died in a skiing accident in 2002. I helped her through the grief of losing her husband (as best a friend can) and she helped me through one of my difficult times as well. We called it free therapy (gotta love that!). Since she moved 45 minutes away (as opposed to literally around the corner), it's been more difficult to find the time to get together. I've missed my friend and am really excited to get to spend time with her today!

Changing the subject, I did get my hair cut yesterday, but I'm not sure I like the way my stylist does highlighting. I have been with her for quite a few years, but I may have to leave her. Oh, the angst of finding a new stylist!

I'll probably post a pic of my hair later on anyway. I just have to play with it and see how I want to style it. I may ask Robin for her opinion.

Oh well, I need to go shower and fix my hair so I can get ready to leave. Have a wonderful day my bloggy buddies!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Ya GOTTA post pictures!! I bet it looks better than you think it does. Seems like we all leave our stylists' shop wondering sometimes, but in the end we usually end up liking it.

Hope your visit with Robin is fabulous and fun and therapeutic!

Sing4joy said...

I may have to leave her
That is hilarious!

Gretchen said...

So glad you got to see your friend. We really need our girl friends. They fill us in a way no guy ever could--even a hubby. In fact, I think my BFFs have saved my marriage a time or 2. :)

lrh said...

Hope you had a great time with your friend. Friend time is very important when you get to be our age.
I know how you feel about changing hair stylists. I can't stand to have to find a new one. In fact, I have been known to stay with one way too long simply because I don't want the hassle of finding a new one. Maybe a friend will give a recommendation.