Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feet, Don't Fail Me Now!

On the positive side, school is going amazingly well. On the negative side, my feet H.U.R.T.! I am so totally not used to spending time on my feet after having the summer off work. And tired is not the word to describe how I feel right now.

Aside from total exhaustion, I am loving being back at work with all my friends and with the kids too. Now if I could get past the exhaustion back to being able to function once I'm off work, that'd be great. Right now, once I'm home from work I don't want to do a single thing. No dishes. No laundry. And especially no stack of forms that the kids need that should already be done. Did I mention I was exhausted?

I want to be able to make this post so much longer and tell you how much I love my job, because I really, really do. But until I've gotten past this first couple of weeks (hopefully!), my brain just might not be able.

Hope this post even made sense.... **yawn**

8 comments:

Jenster said...

The post made perfect sense. I worked at a preschool last year and the first two weeks were murder! So I know of which you speak. :o)

Becky said...

This gives me hope...I've been babysitting for a little over a week now full time, and was thinking, "Man, I'm so out of shape...I'm exhausted!" At least now I know the end of that lack of energy is in sight, lol!

Tracy said...

I am glad you are enjoying it. That makes a world of difference and the kids can really tell when someone wants to be there and when they don't. I am sure they all love you as much as you love them.
Tracy

Susan said...

The first two weeks are the hardest! Hang in there. Keeping you "lifted up" in my prayers. Maybe that lifting up will be especially helpful after you get home after a hard day's work.
Love, Susan

Sheryl said...

You know what Suzanne? I am just so glad you love your job. I know you're exhuasted but how cool that you're enjoying it!!

Love ya,
Sheryl

lrh said...

Your good. It takes me a full month to get back in the swing. I had forgotten too that after a summer away from heels the shins might get sore. I had to wear tennis shoes the other day because my shins were sore from a week's heels. :-)

Suzanne said...

Susan, thanks for the prayers! They worked! I've been wondering since about lunch time why I've had more energy today. And my feet don't hurt at all! :)

Gretchen said...

The feet, they are defeeted at the end of the day. I get it. Glad you're enjoying your first days back.