Monday, August 25, 2008

Gosh, I Love That Kid!

Don't know how I could've forgotten to post earlier my favorite thing that happened on the first day of school (probably because it was a very hurried post before I rushed off to bible study). I wasn't sure that one of my favorite kiddos would even remember the nickname she gave me last year. Then as class began, I walked over to say hello to her and tell her I'd missed her over the summer. And then she said it...in her special exasperated tone seemingly pretending that she didn't miss me..."It's the joy fairy". Gosh, I love that kid!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Hope the rest of the week goes as well for you.
God bless!

Jenster said...

Heehee!!

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

WHAT an awesome nickname to be given by anyone, especially a kid! You must certainly exude the joy of the Lord.

Glad one of favs is back in your class again.

Happy Tuesday!

lrh said...

Don't you love first dys? New faces along with old ones and everyone is looking forward to the new beginning.

Becky said...

Awww, that's so cute! Kids do seem to respond well to positive special attention, don't they?