Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics Question

So I heard an interesting question on the Olympics Channel (didn't know there was one, but my 16 yr. old has been recording it). If you could compete in any of the summer Olympics sports, which one would you do?

For me, it would definitely be gymnastics. Specifically, I love the uneven bars because I used to think I was pretty good at them when I was a kid. I was totally enthralled with Nadia Comanici in the 76 Olympics. I'd like to opt out of the balance beam though because I'm a little afraid of heights.

So what's your sport?

7 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I did the gymnastics things as a kid, too. Never had any dreams of winning... I wasn't very good! But it was fun. I also swam on the swim team and loved that. Either one of those would be my choice to compete. Thinking on it a bit more... I'd probably go with swimming. Less chance of injury and higher chance of staying with it passed age 20!

Joan said...

I'd probably do something that doesn't require athletisism. I think I would like to compete in Dressage. (The horse does all the work.)

Jenster said...

Maybe swimming. I used to be a pretty fast swimmer. Now it takes me 30 minutes to swim 10 laps.

Sing4joy said...

Synchronized swimming of course.

Gretchen said...

Ooooh, good question. I think probably...gymnastic trampoline. That looked fun. For winter Olympics, I'd prefer pairs figure skating. :)

lrh said...

I'd do the traithlon. I love that sport.

lrh said...

I'd do the traithlon. I love that sport.