Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sense of Accomplishment...And Being Grateful

It can be done. Just like Jenn suggested in response to my last post, you can work on this...

And this...(and no, that is not me...but you get the idea)



...and you can do those at the same time. Well maybe not exactly the same time, but I did manage to do about 5 loads of laundry in between laying out in the sun and getting my exercise swimming...well I did swim 6 lengths of the pool and it's a big pool, so there. Best thing is that now I feel like I have actually accomplished something. I did get a teensy bit of a sunburn, but that'll go away in a day or two. :)

So while I was in between loads of laundry floating and relaxing in the pool..very nice and quiet, no kids fighting (they were at band camp), it got me to thinking about how very blessed I am; how God has provided for my needs and a lot of my wants as well. I am so thankful to have a pool that is in working order (as opposed to my pool a few weeks ago) and I am also thankful to have a working washer and dryer. I can't imagine having to do laundry the way people did it before those lovely appliances, especially with the summer temperatures. And that reminds me to be VERY thankful for air conditioning!

All in all, it was a very nice day.




2 comments:

Jenster said...

Good for you!!! I scrubbed the kitchen and breakfast area floor yesterday - I mean really scrubbed! - and I'm still so happy every time I look at it.

It's so nice to have a pool.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

You're a fine multitasker! Glad you got some chores done AND had a little relaxation, too. That's the best of both worlds I think. Now if we could only find a way to float in the pool at the same time we're scrubbing the kitchen floor....

Have a great day!