Friday, August 22, 2008

A Time For Hot Flashes

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (New International Version)
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven


Some people say that Texas doesn't really have seasons and I can understand why. Really, you just "never know what you gonna get". It can literally end up being 80something degrees any day during the year and I once saw two days back to back where one day was 81 degrees and the next was 18 degrees. It's amazing how quickly things can change. That would be why they say "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a few minutes".

Since I sometimes experience hot flashes, and no I cannot be old enough to have those, I am longing for some 18 degree days right now. Well, maybe not 18 degrees, but I'd definitely like to see some cooler temps. While the weather has cooled down about 10 degrees for the highs, mid 90s aren't really what I'm looking for right now.

Another problem with warm temperatures and hot flashes is that it makes having a warm laptop computer harder to deal with. I long to keep in touch with my bloggy buddies, yet the longer I have this computer in my lap, the warmer I get.

So this is the time of the year when I cry come quickly winter, come quickly. And yes, in December I will probably be whining about the cold...lol.

5 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

And I'll be blaming all that icy weather on YOU!! Sorry you're struggling with hot flashes. I've gotten to that point officially, but I've always been hot natured. I do.not.like. to sweat! Hope you cool off soon.

Have an awesome weekend!

Susan said...

Suzanne, this is getting just plain weird. I was going to write about hot flashes today. I am old enough to be having them and having them, I do. I'll be 50 (!) on the 29th of this month. Ah well.

Last night I was awake all night with them. I'm sitting here at the computer right now with several in a row. Pow, pow, pow!

I'm feeling your heat. Let's think cool thoughts.

Becky said...

Isn't that just like a woman though? Want cooler temps when it's hot and warmer temps when it's cool, lol?

I don't "do" heat well as it is...hot flashes are SO not something I'm looking forward to, lol. Though maybe I would if I lived in Alaska or Siberia...

BeanTownBoy said...

I don't have any experience with hot flashes, but I am waiting for cooler weather also! The spring was perfect, and I'm hoping for a perfect fall as well.

Jenster said...

I'm too young for hot flashes, too. But I started with them at 39 because of chemo and then again last year (at 41) because of a total hysterectomy. So boy, can I relate!!

In fact, last year I blogged about a cot in the frozen tundra... Sounds dreamy.